Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And block-print makes a comeback






Vintage carpet bag and Indian cotton dress, Suede boots: Witchery


To me summer means getting to wear my flowy cotton dresses in my happy place, by the water without tights or cardies or in this case without a belt or any attempt at making myself look shapely. I was told that I looked like a ghost and I liked the feeling of almost floating about. Any one who knows me is aware that I love my Indian cotton block-printed beauties, the older the better since the fabric seems to feel more like a kid's tattered blankie with every wash. Yes, I just did say that, I want my clothes to feel like the tattered blankie I carried around as a child, it was immensely embarassing to my Mum but I treasured it. Therefore here is an outfit post of me wandering about my favourite rock-pools in a flowy dress and Suede boots till I got tired of them and scampered about bare-feet. Isn't it lovely when the sun's shining down, all one has to worry about is making one's way to the closest over-size rock and listen to the sounds of the sea? My idea of perfect. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Helga said...

THAT is a perfectly lightweight, flowy Summery frock! i need a few of those. I'm so into crimplene, but jaysus, it's hot in Summer! Bring out the cottons! XXX

Keit said...

Hahaha, I know what you mean. Blankie clothes are my fav, there's nothing comfier than that! Your dress is gorgeous and how you paired it with the rad booties, even better :)

Vix said...

I love that dress! They were all the rage in the 1970s, I remember my Mum wore hers all the time. So fabulously cool and hippy chic.
Love how you've funked it up with the ankle boots and adore your carpet bag. xxx